Friday, December 30, 2011

Yearender, Apostrophe Eleven

Pretty good year. In 2011, I:

- worked a lot. I thank all the people who gave me work. I was busy and I often learned new stuff.

- couch potatoed and enjoyed Walking Dead, Adventure Time, Warehouse 13, Skins (UK), Being Human (UK), Dexter (Season 5), Merlin, Awkward, The Middle, The Office, and Nikita.

- watched dozens of movies. My thanks to those who invited me to previews.

-  added 47 drawings to my DeviantArt gallery (now with 6,700+ faves) and other blogs. Thanks to Tumblr bloggers who reposted and credited me for my drawings.

- worked out. Lost some weight for a while, but eventually regained some pounds back after the gym membership expired. I wish I retained some healthy habits. I miss the machines, sometimes. And some of the people there, yeah.

- listened to some old and new songs over and over again, including The Like’s “Release Me,” Florence + The Machine’s “Shake It Out,” Linkin Park’s “Waiting for the End,” Rihanna’s “California King Bed” (yeah, I know, I don’t like her music but that’s the exception), Billy Bragg’s “Airline to Heaven,” Pink’s “F—kin’ Perfect,” REM’s “Photograph,” Guster’s “Do You Love Me,” Train’s “This Ain’t Goodbye,” and Melee’s “The Ballad of You and I.”

- asked Crystal Reed, Joe Manganiello, Tyler Posey, Mark Dacascos, Stephen Amell, Ping Medina, Chris Messina, and other celebs some questions.

- blogged regularly. Wrote blog-exclusive content, and reposted my published articles.

- went to Hong Kong for an assignment. I was extremely comfortable there. I got good feedback for stuff I did, too. I really miss the place.

- bought and read dozens of comic books. My faves include Avengers Academy, Uncanny X-Force, Secret Six, Schism, Wolverine and the X-Men, Invincible, Thunderbolts, the Marvel Universe Handbooks (Blockbusters, Vampires, History of the Marvel Universe, Fantastic 4: 50 Fantastic Years, Defenders), and The Walking Dead: Survivor’s Guide.

My sincere thanks to the people who made life easier in 2011. May 2012 be more peaceful and prosperous. Happy New Year, friends!

No comments: