Thursday, January 05, 2012

In With the Old

New drawings, old fave characters.

Superman Blue
I wasn’t really interested in the design when it was introduced back in the late ‘90s, but Grant Morrison made electric blue Superman so badass.

Warriors Five
Ka-Zar the Savage, Warlord of Skartaris, Crying Freeman, Conan the Barbarian, and Tarzan of the Apes. Some of the toughest, fiercest fighters from the most dangerous realms.

I actually started the drawing last summer but shelved it until I felt like doing it. Finally inked and colored it last week.

Box
One of my childhood favorites from Alpha Flight. Sasquatch, a.k.a. Walter Langkowski lost his monster form so his soul was mystically encased in the super-strong Box armor. It’s cool that the robot mouth was also expressive; I remember him smiling when they thought they found a suitable replacement body (which turned out to be the Hulk).

No comments: