Wednesday, December 05, 2012

‘Wedding’ star says acting made him more honest

(Published Dec. 3, PDI-Entertainment)
By Oliver M. Pulumbarit
Contributor

As a teen in the ’90s, actor Brian Austin Green was popular for portraying geeky rapper David Silver on “Beverly Hills, 90210.”

Now 39, Green is playing bachelor musician Tommy on the hourlong comedy-drama series “The Wedding Band” that airs Fridays at 8:30 p.m. on beTV.

After over two decades in the business, Green is appreciative of his growth as an actor and a person.

“[Acting] made me more honest, which I think people like to see,” he revealed. “When I was younger, I acted because I thought there was something cool about it. It made me feel good about myself. Now, I do it because I love it. It’s what I do for my family. It’s a tough business and you spend so much time between different projects. I’m happy that I made family the most important thing and kept this as a career!”

Honesty figures in playing Tommy, as well. “I think it isn’t really easy to be honest when you’re doing comedy. You get caught up and try to make everybody laugh, then you sort of lose track of any sort of reality. We just continue to push ourselves and each other to be honest and real in every moment.”

“By far, this is the most work I have done on a show since 90210,” he said during a phone interview with various Asian periodicals. “I love comedy. I love the rest of the cast… When you’re going to do this kind of show, this is the kind of people to do it with.”

A few years before landing his “90210” role, Green appeared on “Knots Landing” and “Highway to Heaven.” He spent a decade on “90210” and subsequently landed prominent parts on “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles” and “Desperate Housewives.”

Green knows how to play the piano, but finds it difficult learning the guitar: “I just kind of realized, at some point, that there is no similarity. It’s like learning a completely different language! So, once I wrapped my head around that, that’s when I started learning chords and basic scales.”

Given the chance to renew vows with his wife, actress Megan Fox, he sees a wedding enlivened by either a punk-pop band or a popular male singer like Michael Buble because “he is such an incredible singer… or probably Green Day!”

Fox, new mom to their firstborn Noah, made an unexpected guest appearance on “The Wedding Band,” revealed Green. “It was something we never planned. It just worked out in an episode where the person we originally wanted couldn’t make it. She stepped in and saved us!”

“Modern Family”
“Modern Family” season four airs Sundays, 8 p.m., on 2nd Avenue. The critically acclaimed sitcom stars Ed O’Neill, Julie Bowen, Sofía Vergara, and Eric Stonestreet.
“Adventure Time”

Cartoon Network’s hit oddball comedy series “Adventure Time” follows the teenage-adventurer Finn and the shape-shifting dog Jake, defenders
of the bizarre Land of Ooo.
The show airs every Saturday at 9 p.m., and Sundays, 7 p.m.

No comments: