Sunday, December 30, 2012

Yearender, Apostrophe Twelve

Status updates, holiday edition.
Dec. 22. Gift bag sent by a PR agency has my name on it, but my surname's misspelled as "Palumbarit." I should be used to it by now; I've been reading and hearing that since I was a kid. But it's still kinda annoying.
Dec. 23. Pope tries to be relevant with Twitter, but is still spewing the same old anti-gay poison.
Dec. 23. I noticed that some of the persons who annoyed me the most in 2012 were the ones that asked me to write about their event, like their page, or some other favor, but couldn't be bothered to respond to my questions or requests.
Dec. 24. Nag-gym, tapos kakain ng marami ngayong Pasko. Ayos.
Dec. 25. Chicken and ice cream overload. Thank you, siblings and siblings-in-law. Happy Holidays.
Dec. 26. Still feeling Christmas-y. Just food and TV tonight.
Dec. 29. Just finished Awkward season two. Identified with the main character and, to some extent, the complicated romance angle. The sidekick Tamara is really funny.
Dec. 29. I'm intrigued by the changes brought about by Amazing Spider-Man # 700. Wish I had the same enthusiasm for the X-titles post-AVX.
Dec. 30. I'm fortunate to have met and befriended a number of nice people in 2012. It was great to hear from old friends, too. I'd say I was quite generous in some way or another during the year, even when I wasn't thinking of paying whatever forward. Sadly, though, some people have no concept of quid pro quo, or even common decency. Well, at least that's something I learned this year.
Dec. 30. 12 movies I enjoyed this year, in no particular order: The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Avengers, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-Man, Argo, Wreck-It Ralph, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Chronicle, Cabin in the Woods, ParaNorman, I Do Bidoo Bidoo.
Dec. 31. So, New Year’s eve. Looking back, I can see many things to be grateful for. I thank my PDI editors for the assignments; it’s still a pleasure to write for the paper after a decade. I also thank The Fortnightly editors and staffers; it was a sweet gig while it lasted. Thanks to various employers as well for copywriting assignments; I wish I had the energy to accept everything you offered this year. Also, my sincere thanks to the DeviantArt users who keep faving my stuff (12,600+ now), and the Tumblr bloggers who repost my drawings. And of course, thanks to my friends and family for just being there! A happy and prosperous 2013 to all of us!

No comments: