Thursday, May 09, 2013

Books and Covers

Free Comic Book Day at National Bookstore was damn awesome. The group was able to do 99 drawings on blank covers in a four-hour span. My thanks to those who bought my stuff, had them signed, and had sketches done. Thanks as well, and congrats to Comicx Hub’s Lawrence Sol Cruz and the rest of the organizers.

Me, just before the sketching event. Photo by Kristopher Garello.

Me, sketching. The guy beside me is Filipino Heroes League creator Paolo Fabregas. Photo by Neutral Grounds.
I drew a Deadpool sketch for a guy named Darwin.

I drew this for a teen girl named Sam. Her parents were very encouraging; her dad paid for my sketch and they took a pic of me with her and the cover. Cool.

Benedict sold my old and new comics. He also hosted some contests.

Talented Ian Sta. Maria, artist of Skyworld.

Nik Yarte, copywriter and fellow Avengers fan.

Sketch I did for Kristopher Garello, who took the pic.

Me, sketching. Photo by Darwin Canete.

No comments: