Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hmpf...

“Why do I smile at people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?”
--The Smiths, “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now”

Nah, I don’t feel like inflicting physical pain on anyone. But the day was just awful that I felt every word of that line. I just felt bummed out overall. Maybe because I’m looking forward to more of the same routines in the next few days. Maybe because I’m reminded of some people I’d rather not think about. My lack of sleep has been contributing to the stress, too.

But I’m a bit better now. There are times when I just want to leave behind my responsibilities and not think about anything or anyone. Maybe one day, I just might. After a few hours transfixed to the monitor, I took a breather from the rote and went out. I actually stayed at the house for a record two days! I just went to a nearby mall. I looked at CDs at the music stores. Was thinking of rewarding myself. But I didn’t feel like spending for that, and I didn’t really see anything I wanted anyway. I still need to save up and pick up some new comics within the week. And the super-thick Mythology Class compilation, too.

Bought myself some indoor slippers. My last pair lasted me a year and a half. Damn, those things are expensive. P 179.75. Also, ate fake meat and flavored tofu. Bought art supplies, had some things photocopied, and went back to work. Listened to some music, talked to friends, and surfed. Discovered a few interesting blogs, too. Maybe I’ll talk about them later. Or not. Eh.

Hmm. I've played Jamie Cullum's calming "All at Sea" a few times now today and just realized that, damn, I need to de-stress on someone's bed. Heh. Whatever.

1 comment:

OLIVER said...

A good pair of slippers? hehe :D