Thursday, September 08, 2005

Tactile

Feeling quite energized and creative… am harnessing the influx of ideas to my sketchpad/notebook. The muses are kind tonight.

Anyway, just a few things:

Comics lovers!
The Komikon 2005 event is on October 22. I think I’ll be attending it. There’ll be local comics and creators galore. Check out the organizers’ blog for more information.

Frosty
Emma Frost
is in everything big this month… aside from Astonishing X-Men, she’s got major appearances in House of M and New Avengers. Writers love her.

Statuesque
Those gorgeous McFarlane toys... I’m not a fan of the gory stuff, or the limited articulation, but the Dragon action figures (and some comics- and movie-related stuff) are just beautiful. I check them out at the toy shops whenever I can. I recently bought the ultra-detailed Mandarin Spawn, which is now cheaper by P 200.

Controversial Billy and Teddy
“…You’re not an Asgardian, you’re a warlock. Plus, you need a name that won’t become a national joke when the press finds out about you and Teddy.”
--Kate to Billy/Asgardian, Young Avengers # 6 (Teddy is their teammate Hulkling)

No comments: