Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Wolverine Drawing, 20 Years Ago

Yuhck. :D

Well, I did draw this in my early teens. I recently scanned this off my friend’s ancient notebook. Funny, I really loved Wolverine back then. There were two other drawings of him elsewhere in that notebook. One of ‘em even had a birthday greeting for my friend, who can still remember that he wanted me to draw Batman. But as I wasn’t that into the DC character back then, I opted to do Wolverine instead. I think I started drawing Batman after Tim Burton’s movie came out, about a year later.

7 comments:

glenncruz said...

haha... i think somewhere deep inside our house in las pinas, i think i still have some of your artwork back when we were both in the school paper.

PhilTanArt said...

Real nice actually : ) Hey I could have sworn I heard from someone before you used to draw? What happened? Sorry if I was never familiar with the scene from back then.. anyway, thought I'd say hi cuz I read you blog often hehe....

Philip Tan

OLIVER said...

Glenn,

Sige, pag nahanap mo pakidala naman when we meet up, scan ko lang. :)

OLIVER said...

Philip,

Wow, is that really you?

Thank you for the nice comment. I actually kept drawing, but opted to do more indie stuff. I also shifted somewhat to doing more writing work for a newspaper and p.r. agencies, so I kind of draw less now.

But I hope to make a full-length comic book again (story and art). Maybe I'll even do it full-time, but we'll see. :)

Thanks for visiting!

OLIVER said...

By the way, visit my Multiply site or art blog (both linked here), if you're curious about my art. Thanks again. :)

PhilTanArt said...

Hope to see more from you then Oliver, goodluck! : )

And yes, I am me.. hmm that didn't sound right.. but seriously though.. I don't think I am big enough to have people impersonating yet XD haha

Well you can always check my blog also, I just started not too long ago.. will be updating often.. try to at least XD

P

OLIVER said...

Sige will check that out Philip. Thanks, man. Keep visiting, too. :)